The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Media Catches Up

An interesting item in the news: "Do Real Men Wear Flip-Flops?" And I quote:
"I'm always baffled at what makes men think women will be attracted to them in a two-for-$10 pair of Wal-Mart flip-flops," he said. "No one wants to look at a man's dirty, hairy, nasty toes. And whenever you see a man wearing flip-flops, 90 percent are not groomed toes—that probably hurt the cause of flip-flops more than anything else."
Just remember, Jimmy was here first:
Unless you're going to the beach or working in your yard (and I say "you" because I take care of my feet), you have no business wearing sandals. Women's feet are lovely, polished and pampered. Most men's feet look like they stomp shit barefoot for a living. Trust me, Bruno, no one wants to see your cracked, gnarled, dirt-encrusted, fungus-ridden dogs at anytime.
Timeless advice is good forever. Was that redundant?

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What about some rockin' Jesus sandals?

Of course, I always wear boots and long trousers and button shirts with an undershirt beneath. Usually all black.

I have issues.

&

12:45 AM  
Blogger Defiantly Damned said...

Fletcher, the Man in Black. Yummy. :)

Jimmy, your brilliance and foresight never cease to awe and inspire.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fletcher, your issues, in this case, result in enhanced sexiness.

Jimmy, you are wise in the ways of feet.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I can't believe people are actually diverted enough by this that Fox News saw fit to write a story on it. I don't mean you, Jimmy, you're just reprinting it. But I definitely think our society is expending its collective energy on the wrong things.

And Fletch, you also have a lot of green, which is not unusual for a half-elf such as yourself. Besides, Tree is right...you do look sexy in black!

:)

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feet can be sexy, male or female, but it does take someone who cares enough to take care of their feet. Shit-stompers need not apply.

I'd say Fletch is sexy in black, but I wasn't invited. :) He looks darned inviting in Green, though.

æ

11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How could we invite you when we don't even know who you are???????

10:14 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Fletcher: Well, since you have the lovely, well-formed Welsh feet, I think we can grant an exception for you.

DD: I am humbled by your kind words. And yes, Fletcher is quite a dish (ahem, or so the ladies say, ahem, harrumph).

Tree: I'm glad you respect my foot wisdom. It did not arrive overnight.

Heather: Yes, probably not the most pressing issue of the day, although some of the feet I've seen could trigger a public health emergency. Oh, and to be fair, they did cover other news items that day, ha.

Anon: You should at least tell us if you have a vagina or a penis (or both). If you have both, you're definitely invited.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led. And through the air. I am, that walks unseen. I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly."

or, if you prefer,

"I have been one acquainted with the night. I have walked out in rain -- and back in rain. I have outwalked the furthest city light.

I have looked down the saddest city lane. I have passed by the watchman on his beat And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain."

I've stolen the words, but nontheless ...

There, she goes in mystery,
and all the more alluring is she...

æ

4:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aha!

You are Robert Baggins!

no...

Bilbo Frost! I KNEW it!


Word Verification cfourbz

I had a C-4 buzz once, it was a bang!

&

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The man is quick, as well as sexy.

æ

6:21 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

Don't forget about the "sniper vest", Fletcher. That makes the outfit...

And for the record, no man should wear flip flops unless he's in jail or he has a pair with a bottle opener in the heel....
Thank you and goodnight.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home