The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

J.K. Rowling Has a Nice Ass


  • Got your attention, eh? Well, what is your first reaction to this pic?
  • It's nice to see some things don't change. While watching Mr. Rogers with my girls, he came through the door, singing his theme song like always, changing his shoes and into his sweater, then said, "Hi, neighbor, I've been thinking about zippers today." Me, too, Fred. Me, too.
  • A botched sewer line repair caused sewage to back up into an Omaha woman's home. Here is what she had to say, as quoted in full in the news account: I came downstairs and this seat was full of poop. It smells really bad. He put his snake through this here pole. As he was doing that big turds of poop was coming of this drain.
  • This evening, a young lady came to the door. All she wanted, she said, was my opinion on some products. She gave me two cans of air freshener, and asked me to tell her which one I would choose if I were shopping. She told me I could keep the one I chose as a gift for helping out. Then, they brought out a vacuum cleaner, and asked if they could come inside for a moment. I told them that I didn't have time for all that. She thanked me and left . . . and took back the air freshener. Bitch.
  • Lately, I've been thinking about time. It amazes me how fast it moves anymore. I read an "out-there" book about time and time travel that floated the idea that time is more relative than we think, that when we have those days when time seems to crawl or speed by, that it really is crawling or speeding by. Time moves at different speeds; it's not just in our heads. Not sure why I brought this up.
  • I've always been a bit of a loner. For me, the hard part of being a stay-at-home dad is the lack of alone time. Sometimes, I just don't want anyone pulling on my hand, telling me to "come downstairs and play." But then, I realize that they won't want me to play with them forever. Eventually, I will go from being a mythic figure to the most uncool being on the planet. They won't want me around at all, but I won't take offense. That's how things go. A time will come when I can't be cool, even if my guitar amp is louder than their stereo could ever be. That day will come sooner than I expect, because time always moves fast on the good things.
  • I have to say that I'm almost certain this is the first blog post in history to contain the phrases "J.K. Rowling has a nice ass" and "big turds of poop." If you can find anyone else who beat me to it, I'll send you a dollar.
  • Oh, and why doesn't Blogger's spell-check recognize the word "blog?"

12 Comments:

Blogger Robert Jones said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Robert Jones said...

Ok let's do that without the silly typos:

OMFG

As the fall approaches and I prepare to don my autumnal guise of dour, self-righteous man-bitchness, I come to read your stupifyingly delightful post. Your comment on JKR's buttocks was enough to get me smiling, but here it's 2AM EDT and the whole neighborhood was gifted with an old fashioned chortle upon my reading about those turds!! Jimmy thanks, you have been a wee beacon of light on a somber night in the City that Used to Light and Haul the World!!!!

1:08 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

It makes me smile to know I've brought a little light into a somber night. The turds made me laugh, too, and I couldn't resist sharing.

Don't sweat the typos, JK's butt got me a little fumble-fingered myself.

1:36 PM  
Blogger T - Another Geek Girl said...

You must share some of the google searches you get for this one!

JK is a right tasty git. Next gathering London?

They have officially announced that Pluto is no longer a planet. I'm going to go get drunk and mourn its loss. What is the world coming to when they can just arbitrarily remove an entire planet from your life?

Bah!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

She does have a nice bum....

Oh yeah, Maynard Furgeson has died.....

Nice ass, though

8:26 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

I mean J.K.'s

8:26 PM  
Blogger T - Another Geek Girl said...

Is Maynard Ferguson's death linked to Pluto being removed as a planet?

I'm sure Walt Disney would know. Let's defrost him in the microwave!

1:46 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

You should read The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot. He has some interesting things to say about the nature of time and the nature of reality itself.

Going back to my studies now...gotta get those A's.

:)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

Where you at?

7:14 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Tricia: Actually, about five times a week, I get a hit from people searching for the phrase "rectum? damn near killed 'em!"

You think Walt would fit in the microwave?

Davis: Yes, JK has a nice butt, Maynard is gone, the world keeps spinnin' around.

Heather: I've heard of that book, but now that I have a recommendation, I'll be sure to check it out. Good luck with the A's.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

Apparently you didn't "help out".


That bitch.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still can't post as me. My Blogger account is hosed since going Beta.

Davis, you are out of context, what's up?

&

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home