The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Chimpanzee Quits Sucking Butts


Here's one for you, Monkey:

A chimp in a Chinese zoo has quit a 16-year smoking habit. Zoo officials weaned the 27-year-old chimp off smokes by entertainment and a tastier diet.
"Ai Ai" started smoking after the death of her mate (most people take up smoking after taking a mate, but I digress). She became a chain-smoker after the death of her second mate and her daughter moved away.
The zoo won't say who say who gave Ai Ai her first smoke. It's those darn dragons, I'll bet.

5 Comments:

Blogger Monkey said...

I actually read about this poor woman's plight on another blog, but I'm still outraged! What kind of lax animal rights laws do they have that they allowed her to quit smoking without the PATCH??

I'm writing the world ASPCA. Yes, I am.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Hmm. Yes, the patch would have been the only decent thing.
Now, she just keeps reaching in her pocket for smokes that aren't there.
Very sad.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Monkey said...

And I'm sure she had nightmares, sweats, teeth grinding episodes, scratching fits, hallucinations...

the humanity!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Yes, but think of the money she'll save.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

Oh yeah... more bananas... and shoes. Shoes are good.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home