The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Jedi Mind Trick?


It appears that reports of rape, body counts and murder in New Orleans have been greatly exaggerated. This is good news, of course, but it apparently hasn't stopped President Bush from wanting to federalize disaster response, allowing the Pentagon to take charge of terrorist attacks and natural disasters. Using beautiful understatement, the President says that his federalization proposal will require "a change in the law." The law in question is the Posse Comitatus Act, which forbids the use of the military for law enforcement purposes. Posse Comitatus must be revisited in part, we are told, because it is "old and obscure." (It is considerably younger than that rusty ol' Constitution, though.)
Let's review. The President wants to (again) vastly expand the power of the Federal Government in response to a series of violent crimes that never happened. All the tools were in place to deal with the hurricane emergency, but a bloated bureaucracy prevented help from arriving. So, hell yes! Let's expand the bureaucracy even more.

These aren't the droids you're looking for . . .

14 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

I would regret it if I came off as little more than a Bush-basher. I like to think I'm a little more refined than that. ;)
He just happens to be the one steering us to a dictatorship at the moment. If the next puppet of the New World Order comes from the Democratic party, my anger will burn as hot as it does now.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, come on, Jim... pick a side already, will ya? :) Bush is a moron. Does anyone know if it's constitutionally possible to elect Clinton to another term or two?

10:29 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Don't make me spank you. Cause you know I will . . .

11:01 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Oh, and thank God Clinton can't come back. No more perjuring rapists for president, thank you very much.
Just elect me. I promise you won't regret it.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes... spank me... harder, harder. I would elect you in a minute, as long as you keep smoking those cigars. ;)

11:06 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

It's a deal. :)

11:19 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

Aaaargh! It's a Kafka novel and we're living it.

Where was I? I just woke up.

Jimmy... if you are wondering about where you stand in the social and economic political continuum, there is a cool little quiz over at http://monkeyshumanscribbles.blogspot.com

Not sayin', just sayin'.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I'm fairly Libertarian in my politics. Economically conservative, socially liberal, yada, yada, yada. I'll give your quiz a whirl, though. Sounds interesting.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

And he needs to send his daughters to my house . . .

8:27 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I meant so they could play with my twin daughters . . . yeah, that's it.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Jimmy... did you take the quiz? Just curious to know what the results were for you.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I'm a social liberal (80% permissive, which is low, I think, ha). Economic moderate (55% permissive). I am best described as a Democrat. Shocked?

7:47 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Here's some results from other tests on that site Monkey's Human sent me to:
I'm going to die of a heart attack sometime in December 2050. I'll be 80.
I'm 68% slut.
I am genetically fit enough to eventually be the patriarchal focal point to 656,050 descendants.
My ferocity and quickness will enable me to survive a zombie invasion.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

Stephanie... I choked in laughter at your "uncomfortable silence".

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home