The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Your Kids Are Safe Now.

A dangerous and violent kindergartener was caught bringing a lethal butter knife to school. (He says he didn't know it was in his bag, that he didn't intentionally bring it to school. Like we're going to believe that.)
His stupid bitch of a mother had the monumental gall to insist that the mandatory, one-day in-school suspension be lifted since it was obviously an accident and her 6-year-old son meant no one any harm.
The wise and virtuous school officials rightly informed the stupid bitch that she was lucky her future serial-murdering little whelp wasn't expelled.
I, for one, am glad that common sense and case-by-case evaluation and consideration of the students history and behavior pattern will never trump Zero Tolerance.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, NO! Not the BUTTER KNIFE!! It's ridiculous... I wonder if the little plastic cheese spreader in those packets of cheese and crackers would be considered a deadly weapon? Guess I'd better stop packing those in my little girl's lunch, just in case.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

Why are you posting all these infuriating stories? I want humor with my reality! I need a dose of sugar with my arsenic. For crying out loud!

Stories like these just make me sad. Poor little guy... probably has no idea what happened. He's getting an early lesson in "totally fucked up system".

12:38 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Sorry. I was in a bad mood last night, ha.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Davis said...

I have many thoughts on this.....

5:40 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

My son's school has a "so called" zero tolerance policy also. He can't pretend he's gonna be a pirate and stab someone, but apparently one of the teachers can talk about her husbands guns all she wants. (he's a cop, so I guess that makes it ok. I think I'll become a pirate now..)

Yup. Pretty sure my 7-year old was premeditating murder, while his teacher was telling the class the finer points of firearms.

It's hippocritical and stupid.

"Zero Tolerance" can be carried too far.

Let's just hope the ones who are "teaching" it aren't the ones who are also teaching against it.

(sorry, went into pissed off mode)...

I think the only ones who should be afaid of the butter knife are the fat kids. HA!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

And Jimmy,....

Amen

5:48 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Not to worry. Pissed off mode is accepted here.
An update: The parents kept the kid home from school rather than have him serve the suspension. The school backed down and said he won't have to serve in-school suspension and the incident won't go on his record.
Kudos to those brave parents. It pays to stand up for what you believe.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

Rock On Sweet Parents!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

Good for the parents! Reason prevailed.

Having a six year old of my own, I just can't imagine what that poor little guy must have thought. Thanks for posting a cheery item Jimmy. ;)

Monkey's Human

8:53 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Hey, anytime. It's nice to see the good guys win one once in a while.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home