The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

A Close Call


A personal anecdote, if you'll indulge me . . .
Today I stood in the bathroom holding my 2-year-old daughter, just goofing around and making faces in the mirror. Not sure why, but I was singing the song The Candyman (the Candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste gooood). Anyway, I'm serenading my daughter (as we look at ourselves in the mirror) and I come to the end of the song, which goes something like "candyman . . . candyman . . . " I caught myself just before I uttered the fifth "candyman."
Boy, that was close.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

Yes, it is a rather catchy tune, and it won't leave my head so I'm avoiding mirrors for the time being.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

The Candy Man Can!!!

Oh my Jimmy. That was close. You've probably scarred the little tyke for life.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great. Now that tune's stuck in my head.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Yeah, it's stuck in my head, too. The Jimmy Durante version.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Calzone said...

Man that stinks. picture Durante going up in flames as he sings, then picture hsi skin melting off his face as he shrieks in pain. That usually works for me.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Wow. It worked. I didn't know there was a method for getting Jimmy Durante songs out of your head, but only Calzone would know about it.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home