The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Monday, June 05, 2006

I Need a Hoe

Today, I strolled through Menard's, looking for a hoe. They had hoes on sale, and I'm always down for a cheap hoe. I walked up and down the aisles, but couldn't find a damn hoe anywhere. Just when I thought there wasn't a damn hoe in the sto', I found an employee. He was white, with white hair and looked to be about 55. I asked him where I could find the hoes that were on sale. He gave me a blank look. "Your ad says you have hoes on sale." Still looking blankly. "No hoes today?" Finally, a look of recognition. "Oh! Hoes! You mean like a garden hoe?" he asked, pantomiming garden hoe use. "Yeah," I say, "a garden hoe." He showed me where all the hoes where. I took the cheapest one. True story.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is too funny. 15 years ago that never would have happened.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

This kinda shit only happens to Jimmy. And I've known him a long time.....

I would get the old guy that would say: "Downtown, son."

10:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't garden, anymore. No need of a hoe.
&

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazingly enough, I have 4 hoes in my garage, if I had known you needed one, I would have just given you one of mine. All of them good hoes, sturdy, no rust...yep, 4 hoes in my garage, I think they saw the bud light and lawn chairs.....

10:40 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

Kristin has hoes, that's awesome! What does A. think of that?

12:22 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Steph: You are officially on the hoe mailing list. Heh.

Tree: True. Does that mean we're advancing or retreating?

Davis: Yes, I must not look like the kind of guy who shops for hoes.

Fletcher: Has the soil gone a little sour in your garden? Perhaps a rainbow sprinkler might help?

Kristin: Wow! Didn't know you had a hoehouse in your garage. I'll know who to call. You're like the Heidi Fleiss of garden tools.

verification: pokzkjoo . . . the sound you make when you're trying to stifle a sneeze 'cause you're afraid you'll fart, and you sneeze anyway.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home