The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Monday, June 12, 2006

"Flowers Cry in the Morning"

  • Wow. Times flies. I've been busy nonstop for the last few days, and I've been remiss in keeping up with y'all, but now I'm here to make up for it. It's late. The family is in bed, and there's no one here to supervise me. I believe I'll borrow Tree's "stream-of-consciousness" blogging. Here goes:
  • I hate protesters. The obnoxious kind. I hate their chanting and yelling and cute little rhyming slogans that wouldn't withstand a ounce of logical scrutiny and their over-the-top emotionalism and downright intimidation. I don't care what their results are.
  • Although there is no science to back this up that I'm aware of, I remain convinced that putting hands on a steering wheel causes a serious rotting of the brain cells. Examples are too numerous to mention.
  • My daughter, Laura, likes to sing, and she'll just sing out any combination of words that come to mind. Yesterday morning, she suddenly sang out, "flowers cry in the morning." She's a singer and a poet!
  • Today, I was in the grocery store, and got stuck behind "can't make up her mind woman." They're just jugs of milk, lady, pick one. Then I had the thought that maybe people like that have to choose carefully, because the asshole she's married to might beat the shit out of her if she makes the wrong choice. Kind of morbid, I know, but I still wonder.
  • Well, I'm up way too late. I'll see all of you on my rounds.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the girls tomorrow, its truly been too long!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Yes, it will be fun. Shall we run in slow motion across the meadow and embrace (or collide violently)?

10:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man, that so rocks.

"Flowers Cry in the Morning"

Can I use that? I'll write a poem, Tree can do the music. You can have my portion of the profits.
&

10:42 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

By all means, feel free to use her line for a poem. I thought about trying it myself, but poetry really isn't my thing.

We can use the proceeds to construct a Gathering house in the woods.

verification: urhhrm . . . a sound you make when the couple next to you is making out.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Davis said...

I feel a great song brewing in my gut....

11:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A Gathering House. Sounds lovely.

word ver: mfuxs
Hrm. Don't even want to touch that one.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

We can carve it out of a giant tree (pardon the expression).

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home