The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Friday, February 10, 2006

The Week That Was

Sorry I've been a little erratic with my postings lately. Schoolwork has been consuming my free time, but I've gotten over the hump for now.

  • Roger Friedman of Fox News has again criticized Paul McCartney for performing "Helter Skelter." I didn't see it, but Sir Paul apparently sang it on the Grammy's the other night. I'm getting tired of repeating myself on this, but here we go: The song does not belong to Charles Manson. Only a spineless pussy would allow the song to go down in history as the anthem of Manson's insane race war ("Helter Skelter" is actually about an amusement park ride). McCartney has every right to sing it, and if you are so fragile that you have to hide under your bed in fear of Manson everytime you hear it, go right ahead, just remember not to ever come out. And no, I don't venerate Chuckie Manson as some sort of counter-culture hero. Nothing to admire about a man who engineers the stabbing death of an 8-months pregnant woman, among others. I'll piss on his grave if the scrawny little scumbag ever gets around to dying, and if I see any naive Manson-worshippers kneeling at his gravesite, I'll piss on them, too.
  • Has anyone noticed that the book-blurbs (those little quotes on the book flap that tell you how great a book is) are getting a little silly? Here's a few I've noticed: "unadulteratedly terrifying," "page-turningly effective, "a hoot of a whodunit," and the most shopworn of them all, "unputdownable."
  • Today I turn 35, and am now officially old enough to run for president. I'd appreciate your vote. Any policy questions, just ask.
It could happen . . .

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. President...

Who's going to be your running mate?

9:04 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Thank you! The position is still open . . . interested?

10:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary of your Hatching Day.

May I be Secretary of War? Oh, that's not what we call it these days, is it? of DEFENSE. Sounds so much...cleaner.

Fuck that. I want to be Secretary of The Jedi Order.

Did I say Happy Birthday, yet?

3:09 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Thanks, Fletcher.

Secretary of the Jedi Order?? I like that. Consider yourself knighted, Master Obi-Wan Fletcher.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Davis said...

Your powers are weak, old man.......

5:16 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

I want to be the Secretary of Morals....

So we can have naked chicks on the flag.

Also, I would like it if you would change the national anthem to "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World".
Thank you for your time.

Rock On!!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey. I wanna be secretary of something.

Secretary of all things Maudlin yet Sexy? Umm...dunno. I just don't wanna be left out of the power circle.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Okay, Davis will be the Secretary of Morals, God help us all.

Tree, how about Secretary of the Interior? That would put you in charge of the numerous Federal Nude Beaches we're going to open. It's a very, very important position.

word verification: pohnluqk. sounds like something dirty said while holding one's tongue.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

davis:
Don't underestimate the power of The Force. Even at my age, my power is most effective.

I am, however, 100% behind your 'naked chicks on the flag' and new anthem proposals.

tree:
If you are SOI, you get to be the boss of what goes on in ALL of the National Parks! Woohoo!

jimmy
Did you ever find a running mate?
I'll even register to vote just to vote for you. Now that Frank Zappa is no longer around.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

The running mate position is still open. Just don't make me go hunting with you.

You can just write my name in on the ballot until I get enough followers to start my own political party.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home