The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

"Unfortunate Incident"

I don't want to heap shit on the air marshals who shot Rigoberto Alpizar at Miami International, but it would be wise to keep our eyes on this one. Remember the Brazilian national who was shot by London police? We were told that he was connected to the subway bombings there, that he was running from police, that he wore a heavy jacket in warm weather, that he jumped the ticket barrier . . . all of which turned out to be complete bullshit.
Watching the reporter on cable news all but ordering me not to be angry at the air marshal over the incident only made me suspicious as hell. "You can't blame the air marshal. These terrorists use deception all the time!!" Just once, I'd love to hear a reporter say, "Don't believe the official story just yet. Governments lie all the time!!"
I won't hold my breath.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We never get the rest of the story. Unless its Paul Harvey.

I'm going to put a Big Brother rant on my side, so I won't go on about it here, but feel free.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

So true. The rest of the story is unimportant. What's important is that the first headlines scream "HE SAID HE HAD A BOMB!!!" That's what the casual observer will remember.

Witnesses are now coming forward to say that the victim never uttered the word "bomb."

The downward spiral continues . . .

8:46 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

The witnesses probably were avoiding getting shot too...

"Welcome to America!"

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home