The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Isn't It Ironic?

Tonight, ABC aired A Charlie Brown Christmas, in which Chuck and the gang lament the commercialization of Christmas. ABC had to turn away advertisers, and those that were lucky enough to place an ad ponied up to $200,000 for a 30-second spot. Last year the show earned $5.75 million in ad revenue.
All I know is that every year those characters' voices sound younger and younger.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"And suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men,' " Linus says. "And that's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."

Which use to choke me up, when I was a kid.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Yeah, me too. Not only that, but did anyone else try to do those goofy dances when they were little?

10:03 AM  
Blogger Davis said...

"Good grief."

(ha)

And what the hell is "good" grief anyway?

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home