The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hide the Kids

The National Institute on Media and the Family has released their Top-Ten list of video games to avoid for your children and teens, also known as Davis's Christmas list:

Game Lists
Rating:
Parent Alert! Games to avoid for your children and teens
1. Far Cry M
2. F.E.A.R. M
3. The Warriors M
4. Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse M
5. True Crime: New York City M
6. Blitz: The League M
7. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories M
8. God of War M
9. Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil M
10. Urban Reign T
11. Conker: Live and Reloaded M
12. Resident Evil 4 M

6 Comments:

Blogger Davis said...

Well, none of the mind-numbing brain splattering ones I was thinking of.........(anything to do with war)

Anyway, I meant to tell you about The Warriors. (the game)

"come out to play-yay........"

12:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They don't have The Suffering on there? Wow. That game is so whacked I'm surprised it's not number one. It is the only video game to ever be so creepy I couldn't play it alone at night.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Interesting. I'd like to have a creepy, whacked, brain-splattering game. These are all good suggestions.

"Can you dig iiiiittt???"

6:41 AM  
Blogger Chris Jart said...

Do parents really need an outside agency to tell them what games are appropriate for their children? It's not like the games hide the violence or blood - it's how they sell the product.

Any parent who bothers to actually read the box of the video game they are buying should be intelligent enough to figure out the one with the drawing of a man holding an assault rifle and a human head probably isn't the best gift for little Johnny. In fact, that ought to be a prerequisite to even having children.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

That's a good point, Chris. These video game marketers make no bones (sorry) about their content. All a parent would have to do is pay attention . . . even a little bit.

Tree, you'll have to tell me more about The Suffering. I've been interested in finding the sickest, most disturbing game out there, ha.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I had the type of vision that caused me to awake in the middle of the night and say "Lets make a video game based on a twenty-five year old 'B' movie! It'll make us a fortune!". Well, and have it actually make the fortune.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home