The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"If Wishes Were Horses, Beggars Would Ride."

  • A new study shows that mothers think their babies' poop smells better than other children's. It shows that humans can determine biological relatedness through body odors. This is not to be confused with the study indicating most moms and dads don't think their shit stinks at all.
  • Speaking of children, I've noticed that my girls love to cut a rug to the Rolling Stones or the Doobie Brothers, but get quite fussy when we try to play "baby" music for them. (sniff) I'm so proud.
  • Speaking of music, Syd Barret died recently. I have to say I'm quite embarassed. I thought he'd died like 20 years ago. When some people become a recluse, they don't mess around.
  • I visited one of those sites that tell you crap about yourself based on the year you were born. I was shocked to learn that in the year of my birth, Easter was on a Sunday.
  • I was at a conspiracy site perusing some articles when they made a claim that caught my attention. The author alleged that U.S. elections are controlled by a powerful international cabal (which is old news, really), and when this shadowy group wants a change in American domestic policy, a Democrat will be elected president, and when a change in American foreign policy is needed, a Republican will be elected. It makes startling sense when you cast an unbiased eye over recent U.S. history.
  • Hide the children. I found this rhyme in my kids' Mother Goose book. Who needs the Diceman when they already have something like this:
    I like little Pussy,
    Her coat is so warm,
    And if I don't hurt her
    She'll do me no harm;
    So I'll not pull her tail,
    Nor drive her away,
    But Pussy and I
    Very gently will play.
Hey, I didn't write it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I read a study recently about how biologially we use body odor to determine potential mates with opposite chemical makeups from our own so as to have the best chance to raise healthy offspring. They did a "sweaty tee-shirt" test where they asked women to smell these shirts and determine which one smelled best to them, and sure enough, they all went for the guys who were biologically their opposites. I thought that was pretty cool.

And it means that Chris and I should have healthy kids, since we don't normally wear deodorant and neither one of us has had to kick the other out of bed yet...

:)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought Syd Barrett died years ago, too. So, don't feel badly about that one. I mean, I should know.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Heather smells nice.

Easter...SUNDAY! Oh.My.God!
Well, yes, that's just what the Hebrews thought. --Marcus, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

I was born on a Sunday. Under a sun sign. I am in love wth the moon.

&

10:43 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Heather: Well, at least couples don't have to sniff each other's poop to see if they'd have a healthy kid. I'm mean, the aliens would find that downright bizarre.

Thanatos: Oh, my. I can't believe you're actually here. And me without a human sacrifice . . .

Fletcher: I'm sure Heather smells nice, even though she doesn't wear deoderant :)

Well played on the Raiders quote.

I was born under a full moon. Arrroooooo!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

I have the same book. As fate would have it, Morticia and Gomez gave it to her......

7:36 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Yeah, Mother Goose, remember her?

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home