The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Violence at the Movies

There's a film that is in limited release called "Chaos." By all accounts, it borrows heavily from "Last House on the Left." Roger Ebert savaged the film for what he called its "heartless cruelty." The film's director and producer responded to Ebert's criticism, and he in turn elaborated on what he thought was wrong with the film and why.
I'm not taking sides on this. Indeed, it's my nature to run right out and watch (or read or listen to) whatever it is someone says I should avoid. However, I thought this was a fascinating discussion, and I thought I'd share it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monkey said...

Interesting points. I agree with the producer, and yet I wouldn't go see the film. I guess that means I believe in free speech, but I also believe in my right to choose.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I agree. I think I would have to see the movie to know for sure where I stand, but from other stuff I've read, this movie does not look like a very pleasant experience.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home