The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Happy Anniversary to Me

  • I suddenly realized that last week marked the one-year anniversary of The Second Side silliness. Time flies.
  • I was in the library today, taking a leak in the men's room, when I saw some graffitti scrawled above the urinal: "I will pay you ten bucks to piss in my mouth," along with a blank space for time and date. To my right, some derelict stood at the sink, brushing his teeth. Needless to say, I shook it off and got the hell of out there. In fact, I may have gotten the hell out of there and then shaken it off.
  • Also at the library, I saw a greasy, grungy young man with long, black hair wearing a t-shirt that read: Got Crabs? Oh, hee, hee. Oh, hardy-har. You're such a shocking rebel. Fuck off, you little turd.
  • Speaking of people who pissed me off, I heard Guns n' Roses on the radio, and it reminded me that I used to get really angry at the rich kids in high school who used to cruise around with GnR blasting from the expensive stereos in their Camaros and Z-28s. For some reason, I didn't think rich kids had any business listening to real rock and roll. Rock was about anger. What the hell did they have to be angry about?
  • We watched 2001: A Space Odyssey on our big screen last night. If ever a movie had a drug-like effect, it's that one.
  • My youngest (by one minute) daughter did a somersault for the first time. They have been working on this on their own, for if I tried to show them, the furniture might be destroyed. Time marches on. Time marches on.
  • One of my favorite rock lyrics: All your money won't another minute buy. You didn't know Yoda was a songwriter, did you?
  • Oh, I've added a chatterbox to the sidebar. Feel free to join in or start an odd conversation.
  • You'll all be pleased to know that I was the number one Google search result for "term for licking an eyeball." You don't have to send a card, Mom, I know you're proud.
Don't let your pie crust.

10 Comments:

Blogger O said...

Oh happy anniversary darling! and many many more....I *love* that search term. I thought I got weird ones, but that beats anything I've gotten!

kisses, (with tongue, as it's a special day)
O

5:57 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I hope this doesn't scare anyone off, but...my first acid trip, we (my husband and I) watched 2001, and finished it just in time to do the waltz to the ending credits, then go to the beach and watch the sun rise. It made me weep, it was such a beautiful experience...you have no idea how right you are, Jimmy.

BTW, I'll officially be back online in a few days, I'm in a hotel room right now...but I made it VA in one piece!

:)

8:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All we are is dust in the wind.

Happy Anniversary. Thank you for your words.

Thanks for your involvement with the Goddess of Song and the implentation of the classic half-pincer tactic to get me to build my own, humble blogestate.

Wow, even with my bibliofetish and librarian worship, the men's room at your local library sounds out of my league.

&

12:02 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

O: Thank you, Dear. Wow. I'm impressed that I outdid you on "crazy search results." Ha. Was that tongue kiss for my eyeball?

Heather: You did acid to Space Odyssey?? That sounds like definite post material. I'd love to hear about that.

Fletcher: Thank you for your kind words. The Goddess and I do the pincer tactic rather well.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad we all found each other.

*eyeball kisses*

11:39 AM  
Blogger Davis said...

It's been a year already? Oh well, you're still older, hoser.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Correction. I'm not older, I'm better.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

And thank you, Tree, for you eyeball kisses. (another weird sentence)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Davis said...

Oh, Heather, my first acid trip was on the Royal Gorge Bridge. What's funny about that is the fact that I am massively afraid of heights. What a trip that was.....

(the multiple Amber Bocks didn't help either. Plus I had to play 4 sets that night.)

Buh, i okee know...DARRR!!!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Davis, you were perfectly safe on the Royal Gorge Bridge. All those chemicals, and you would've floated safely above the river instead of falling.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home