The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Deep Thoughts

After the kids had gone to bed the other night, I went in search of some brain food, and pulled Meditations, by Marcus Aurelius off the shelf. The book fell open to a page where this passage leapt out at me. I thought I'd share it . . .
Remember how long you have been putting off these things, and how often you have received an opportunity from the gods and yet have not used it. You must now at last perceive of what kind of a universe you are a part, and the true nature of the lord of the universe of which your being is a part, and how a limit of time is fixed for you, which if you do not use for clearing away the clouds from your mind, it will go and you will go, and it will never return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home