The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Kolchak Is Comin' Back!


ABC is bringing out an all-new series based on the Darren McGavin 1974-75 show The Night Stalker. It's being produced and directed by Frank Spotnitz and Dan Sackheim of The X-Files, so there's reason for hope.
Soon we'll again be safe from alligator-headed monsters with a zipper up the back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Jart said...

Night Stalker is one of my favorite shows of all time. Darren McGavin was fantastic as the disheveled Karl Kolchak. The character had a certain charm, which not every actor would be able to pull off. I'm very afraid of what this new series may be. However, maybe it's one of the reasons the original series is finally going to be released on dvd.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I didn't know it was coming out on DVD. That's cool. Now I'll be able to replace my ancient, battered VHS tape.
Yes, Kolchak is definitely a pop culture icon. Will be interesting to see how this new series presents him. Looking at the cast photo, it's hard to tell, but I'll keep my fingers crossed . . .

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home