The Second Side

I could put something really witty here if I wanted.


My Photo
Name:

When you stop believing in coincidence, paranoia is only a heartbeat away.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What Would Scooby Doo?

Saw that on a bumpersticker.
  • I watched that "Funniest Home Videos" show Sunday. If I see one more video of a dog (or something else) terrifying a little kid who runs around screaming while the dad laughs and videotapes it, I'm gonna fucking kill someone. That shit ain't funny.
  • In my Film Studies class, and I noticed that nearly everyone, during down time before class, is on a cell phone, laptop, iPod, you name it. There I am with a book of poetry, feeling like an old fart.
  • Saw a kid wearing a red (how apt) ski cap with Che Guevara on it. Putting aside the fact that Che was a mass murderer, he also hated capitalism. I thought about asking the kid if he thought Che would approve of having his image marketed on hats, T-shirts and thongs. It reminded me of the time I saw a death penalty protester on TV wearing a Che shirt. Brother, that's irony.
  • I hate to bring up the Iraq war, but I was thinking about how conflicted I feel about it at times. I realized that the conflict is one of (perceived) opposites: the liberal in me supports the removal of a brutal dictator oppressing the helpless little guy, the conservative in me feels that, awful as things were there, it was still none of our business. A reversal of roles, so to speak. That's why I think the most compelling voices against the war are people like Pat Buchanan (a righty), and the most compelling voices for the war are people like Christopher Hitchens (a lefty). Interesting, don't you think?
  • I've come to the realization that I want to be against the death penalty. My reasons are twofold: 1) The American justice system is a hopelessly mutilated and corrupt institution, and cannot possibly be counted on to keep innocent people from being wrongly executed, and 2) considering the massive body count of world governments in the last century alone, it is not a power that the state should have. Better to use those child murderers for AIDS research, if you catch my drift.
  • My writing teacher told me that the new (or forthcoming) Chuck Palahniuk book is about men who dress in drag, go to clubs and sing Carol Channing songs, and charge the patrons $10 a pop to punch them in the face; they keep doing it until they can't take any more punches. Supposedly, it's based on real people. If that didn't make you laugh your ass off, you need to get the hell out of here.
  • Speaking of Film class, tonight we watched "The Player," and now I know what Tim Robbins's wiener looks like.

3 Comments:

Blogger Davis said...

Scooby would bite Tim's weiner off, i bet.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Zoinks!!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww, Scoob! You ate the last cocktail weiner!
&

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home